You may get error 1601 in Windows 7, Vista and XP when you try to update the Microsoft Office in your system. The name of the error is “Disk Error”. It has the following description:
The Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify that the Windows Installer service is properly registered.
Reregister Installer Files in your Registry
Each DLL file is registered in the system registry database. You may face error code 1601 if the Installer registry keys are broken. To overcome the issue, re-register them by doing the following procedure:
1. Click Start | Run. Otherwise, press Windows Key + R.
2. Type the following command: msiexec /unreg
3. Press OK or hit ENTER.
4. Again, repeat Step 1.
5. Type the following command: msiexec /regserver
6. Press OK or hit ENTER.
Reregister Rest Portions of Installer Files and Revert Registry Damage
Registry damage is the main reason behind Windows error 1601 in Windows 7, Vista and XP. Revert the registry damage using a good registry cleaning software. Start a full registry scan and repair any problems that are found.
1. Download a registry cleaner.
2. Start a full registry scan.
3. Fix any problems and errors found in your registry.
4. Restart the system.
Replace Corrupted System Files
The files stored in ซื้อ Key Windows 10 Pro แท้ installation directory can be corrupted. Replace them with the original versions using System File Checker tool. [Error 1601] will not occur by doing so.
1. Insert Windows installation disc, and click Start | Run.
2. Type SFC /ScanNow and press ENTER.
Restore your Computer
To solve error code 1601, restore your computer to an earlier date. There is a feature in Windows called System Restore you can use for this procedure.
1. Click Start.
2. Click All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore.
3. Click Next and follow the on screen instructions.
Restart Service and Download a Fresh Installer
Stop the Installer service and re-start it. Download a system utilities software which includes Services Manager feature that can be used for this procedure. Otherwise, do the following instructions on your computer:
1. Click Start | Run, type Services.msc and press ENTER.
2. Right click Windows Installer service and select Properties option.
3. From the Startup Type drop down box, select Manual option.
4. Click Stop button.
5. Click Apply | OK.
6. Download a fresh installer for Windows Installer and install it on your computer.